The convent rose around 1540 on the ruins of the ancient Castle of Monte Guarchi. The castle church, dedicated to Saint Lawrence, was completely renovated according to the simple forms in use in the churches of the order. Today, on the main altar, there is an imposing board of the kind composed of a massive frame in of sculptured wood of classic style, dating back to 1712. Inside there is a fresco from the beginning of the 1700’s, with “Our Lady of Sorrows, Mary Magdalene and Saint John the Evangelist” at the foot of a “Crucifix” from the XV century.
Convento dei Cappuccini
52025 Montevarchi (AR)
No content has been found here, sorry 🙂