Dedicated to Saint Sebastian, it is also known as ‘Church of the Nuns’ because it was under the monastery of Santa Maria del Latte, suppressed in the Napoleonic period. The church, dating back to 1567, has one nave covered by vaults, and has a nice Rococo decoration made of gilt stuccoes. Behind the altar is kept a canvas representing the “Deposition of Saint Sebastian”, patron Saint of the Confraternity, by Giuseppe Marrubini, an academic painter who worked in the second half of the XIX century.
Chiesa della Confraternita della Misericordia
Via Cennano, 163
52025 Montevarchi (AR)